I was on a drawer organizer kick this past week. For those of you who follow me on Social Media know what I am talking about. If you are thinking about moving forward with getting organized, organizing a drawer is the best way to ease into the process.
Do you waste time searching through your drawers looking for items? Do you rifle through your junk drawer looking for a paper clip? How long does it take you to find your favorite hair accessory or necklace?
Drawer organizers are very inexpensive and you can even make your own from recycled items. It's that simple. Once you have drawer organizers in place you will breathe a sigh of relief that you have your items at your fingertips when you need them and you won't be wasting precious time.
Don't purchase or make your drawer organizers until you actually know what you have in your drawers.
Here are 5 tips to organize your drawers:
1. Empty out your drawers. Take EVERYTHING out of them.
2. Figure out what you are going to keep in the drawers. You may find out that you really don't need certain items in that drawer.
3. Place all like items together and in categories.
4. Now that you have everything in categories and itemized, you can figure out what type of organizer you need.
5. Purchase or make an organizer that will fit what you have. This will allow you to maximize space and make the most out of your drawer.
Keep this in mind. Working with your hands for even a few minutes helps to clear the mind.
Again start small with organizing your drawers and then you will be ready to move onto bigger areas! Have fun during the process and think about how much more free time, more energy, and less stress you are going to have once you are organized.