How long does it take for you to find a brush or makeup? Is your blush mixed in with your eyeshadows? Are your lipsticks mixed in with your facial cleanser? Do you waste time searching for items? Maybe it's time to organize your makeup.
Follow these 5 simple steps to get organized.
1. If you have been following my blogs, you know the first step is to always take EVERYTHING out of the area you are organizing. Get all your makeup, brushes and cleansers and bring them over to a table.
2. Start itemizing and categorizing. Put all your brushes together. Itemize your blushes, eyeshadows, lipsticks, and cleansers. Keep eveything in categories on the table.
3. Throw out any old makeup or brushes .
4. Look at what you have and now purchase containers to match what you have. Measure your drawers and try to maximize and make the most of your space. The biggest mistake people make is purchasing containers before they actually know what they have. Now that you can see everything you own, make a list of containers you would like to purchase that will best fit your products.
5. Once you have purchased your containers and have put the makeup and brushes in them, sit back and know you will be able to find everything quickly and won't waste time searching for items.
Re-visit and re-organize your make-up every 6 months. A great reminder would be to do it when the seasons change.