Ok, it's the week before Christmas! Are you frazzled? Are you stressed and overwhelmed? Stop, breathe, and relax for a moment and read this blog. I'm going to take you through the process for creating and writing your to-do list for the week ahead. Don't utilize a to-do list? Do you have a crazy busy week ahead? This is a great time to start utilizing a to-do list. Try it this week and see how it works! Take 15 minutes today and write out your to-do list for the week ahead.
What you will need:
7 Pieces of Paper
Your calendar (assuming you use one)
1. Write each day of the week on each piece of paper.
2. Grab your calendar.
3. Write down on the papers any appointments that are in your calendar.
4. Write down household chores you want to get done on the day of the week you want them completed. Also right down any early food prepping for the holiday.
5. Schedule your workouts, write them on the papers.
6. Now, figure out what errands you have to run during the week, i.e., food shopping, gift shopping, dry cleaners.
7. Take a look at your to do list and figure out how you can run errands in the areas you will be for appointments.
8. No appointments for the week? Try to run errands that are in the same vicinity in one day so you aren't running all over the state.
9. Take the daily list with you everywhere you go that day. Keep it in your car, your pocketbook, or wherever it can remain visible.
10. Be sure to cross off the list as you go! You will feel a great sense of accomplishment.
11. If you don't get everything done on the list, carry it over to the next day. Have a goal to have everything completed by the end of the week.
Write down how you feel at the end of the week. Are you less stressed than you thought you would be? Do you have more hours in the day? Try this process and please send me your feedback!
Have a great pre-holiday week!