Here are 5 tips to release mental clutter:
1. You have heard me say this numerous times, but it works: Write everything down. Get it out of your mind and onto paper. It's one less thing you have to think about. Write down ideas, to-do's, appointments. Also journaling can be very therapeutic.
2. Take an exercise class, go for a silent walk with no music. After you do this, you will feel re-juvenated, you see things clearer and will be more mindful!
3. Keep a journal and pen by the bed. Don't go to bed with your mind racing. If you have thoughts that you need to release before bed, write them down. If you wake up in the middle of the night with thoughts on your mind, write them down.
4. Meditate. Just sit for 20 minutes in a quiet room, relax, and meditate.
5. Organize your home and/or office and it will help with mental clutter. Disorganization is a distraction and can cause stress, anxiety, and allow you to become overwhelmed. These feelings will all cause mental clutter.
This holiday season practice clearing the mental clutter so you can arrive into 2013 refreshed!