You can control certain stressors in your life and being organized is one of those stressors that can be controlled. Trying a few of these tips will reduce your stress and allow you to focus on the more important things in your life. Being organized will give you more free time to enjoy and focus on the events of the season.
Here are my top 10 tips to reduce stress during the holidays:
1. Plan ahead. Stop running around like a chicken with your head cut off.
2. Utilize a calendar. Write everything down so you don't forget important appointments.
3. Get your thoughts off your mind and onto paper.
4. Start writing shopping lists. Try to limit trips to the market to once a week.
5. Break up tasks. Don't try to tackle everything all at once.
6. Prepare. Whatever you can prepare ahead of time, start preparing now.
7. Schedule. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Schedule workouts, time for friends and family.
8. Declutter your home. Disorganization causes stress and anxiety.
9. Keep running to-do lists. You will feel a sense of accomplishment when you cross off the list.
10. Organize. Working with your hands will clear the mind. Organize a drawer when you are stressed and think about how you feel when you are finished.
If you want more tips to reduce your stress this holiday season, join me on Wednesday, November 14 at the North Kingstown Library for a Free Presenation from 6:30pm-7:30pm! Details under Events.