Here are my top 10 tips on how to maintain organization in your home.
1. Have a system in place and a home for everything in your home.
2. Keep like items together in one spot. Don’t have items scattered all over your home.
3. Have a filing system for your bills and important papers.
4. Have drawer organizers in all your drawers.
5. Get rid of clutter.
6. Go through your clothes closets every season.
7. Prepare for the week ahead.
8. Keep a running to-do list. Refer to it often.
9. If you have children get them involved in organizing.
10. Less is more. Keep it simple.
Most importantly, the systems you set up have to work for you and your family. You have to be able to maintain the systems. Set aside time to get your home organized. Start by organizing one room. If you tend to get overwhelmed easy, start with a plan to do one drawer and ease into the organization process.
Practice these 10 tips and you will reap the benefits of being organized. Start with one tip at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.