Why does the garage always seem to get cluttered. It seems it is just one more empty spot that is used as a space for clutter to build.
Fall is a great time of year to get the garage de-cluttered. Winter is around the corner and wouldn't it be wonderful to park your car in the garage? If you are not the only person who utilizes the garage, I would enlist everybody that has contributed to the clutter and have them help on the day of the de-cluttering.
Here are 10 tips to clear the clutter from the garage:
1. Everything, yes EVERYTHING, must come out of the garage!
2. As you take items out, decide what you are tossing, selling, keeping or moving to a new spot.
3. Anything you are keeping, put in categories on the lawn/driveway.
4. Figure out if you need to contain smaller items in bins. Be sure to label.
5. Get creative. Can you utilize overhead space for seasonal items?
6. Organize items back into garage according to the frequency of use.
7. Organize everything, even lawn tools.
8. Try to maximize the space you have and get the most out of your space.
9. If you have borrowed any items or are storing items for people, give the items back now!
10. Get excited!!
After you have completed this process, you will feel like a weight has been lifted and you will feel like you have this brand new space. Ahh, but what to do with this empty space? Park your cars!